Home > Stress Relief > Stress Symptoms
Stress Symptoms and Signs of Stress
are the real stress symptoms and signs of stress? You hear all the time they say stress brings many serious health problems. But how exactly can you tell if you are stressed?
This is an important question. Because when you know exactly the signs of stress, you can realize faster when you are stressed and can do something about it to avoid the stress health effects on your body.
What Are the Most Common Symptoms of Stress?
Stress has many different signs and symptoms. That's why it's very easy to recognize it when it happens. There are some short term and long term signs that you can see.
- increased muscular tension in the neck, back and shoulders,
- chest pains or a feeling of pressure in the chest - like a brick being placed on the chest,
- numbness or tingling, especially in legs, feet, fingers or hands,
- stomach and digestive problems,
- irregular menstrual periods, increased menstrual cramping and more severe premenstrual tension,
- skin eruptions and cold sores,
- feeling there just isn't enough time to get everything done,
- difficulty meeting deadlines,
- difficulty making decisions,
- low self-esteem and feelings of worthlessness,
- increased sensitivity to criticism,
- feeling that everything and everyone is against you,
- fatigue and boredom, unhappiness and sadness,
- difficulty with concentration or being creative and productive,
- difficulty controlling your temper and a tendency to criticize and be argumentative,
- difficulty in remembering things,
- overeating, abusing alcohol or drugs, being too tired or busy to exercise, smoking, and
- oversleeping or not getting enough restful sleep.
Questions to Test Your Stress Level
Here are some easy questions to help you find out how much your stress level is. Take the full free stress test to find out more.
- Is your energy less now than it used to be?
- Do you feel guilty when relaxing?
- Do you feel a persistent need for achievement?
- Are you unclear about your goals in life?
- Are you especially competitive?
- Do you hate being corrected, lectured or scolded?
- Do you work harder than most people?
- Do you easily become angry?
- Have you been in a physical fight since high school?
- Are you irritable much of the time?
- Do you often do two or three tasks simultaneously?
- Do you get impatient if people or things hold you up?
- Do you have difficulty getting to sleep?
- A score of five or more puts you in a high stress category.
If you are in the high stress group then you need to take measures to bring your stress under control. Take action for the sake of your health.
There are many easy natural stress relief solutions available these days to health you reduce stress in your life and be more relaxed and happy. You can choose any method that matches your taste and lifestyle for best results.
Easy Free Stress Relief Solutions
Other than the natural stress relief methods suggested above, here are more popular methods for more relaxation and less stress in your life...
Simply click on each to find out more how it helps you relieve stress and have a happier day.
These proven methods help you get over your stress - whether at work or in your personal life. So what are you waiting for? Go stress-free and happy now!
Top Stress Relief Articles: